Sunday, 2 February 2014

monitoring exercise

As I have mentioned before, I started late in life to exercise (late in life being 30ish to me) and it's on-going progress.  In order to help me, the BF gave me a heart rate monitor for Christmas. 
 


Personal trainer 
 
Now this just isn't any old heart rate monitor, no this also tells you what you should be doing.  You set it up with your details and tell it what you want to do. I chose increase fitness.  It tells you what zones you should be working in and for how long.  Zones are measured by your heart rate output. zone 1 being low and zone 3 high.  Every Sunday at midnight you get a message telling you how well or bad you are doing and what you need to do the following week.  If you do well, you get a trophy!
 
Well, I'm falling out with mine.  This week despite doing 5 hours and 6 min of exercise, have I achieved my goals for this week? NO!!!!!
I have done 290% zone 1 (which it did tell me to increase for this week), 455% in zone 3 and 29% zone 2.  I have failed zone 2 this week.  I have no idea how I did this as normally I get there in zumba and by walking.  Obviously both were a bit slow this week but its so infuriating.  I'm dreading the feedback as I feel I have let it down.  I also think I am weird for feeling this way towards a watch.
In part this is due to signing up to a 10k which is more like 10 miles through mud and up mountains and I'm panicking about it.  The watch needs to help me!
 
It will be fine though and next week I shall start again.
 
This week I have managed:
 
  • Monday: metafit, walked in and out of work (1hr each way)
  • Tuesday: 20 min run
  • Wednesday: spinning (but was sick half way through so second half was not good - virus still hanging around and I was hemmed in so had to swallow :(   )
  • Thursday: zumba
  • Friday: trapeze
  • Sat: nothing
Sunday: 33 min run through mud and up hill
 
More planned for next week and it will be better!
 
Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment