Monday, 10 February 2014

monday morning star count 10 feb 2014

It's been a normal week on the hexie front.  I don't know how this week will bode as I have just failed at science!  Grrrr!   I should see staining on my slides but I have beautifully clear slides with no hint of a background (normally that is what I aim for but with some brown/red staining as well).  Alkaline phosphatase - I spit on you and your rubbish protocol!

Ok so back to fun stuff now that is out my system.

First off, the BF surprised me with this!



A selection of fabric bundles. He didn't realise what he was buying and for some reason thought each bundle was 8 x small 2.5 inch squares (roughly what I cut out and he sees lying around). As that didn't seem like much he got 6 lots and a surprise when it arrived last week.  However, I love that he knows me well enough that this was much better than flowers or chocolate.  and I adore the tie dye style fabric.

Hexie counts this week are 2 more completed flowers and some fabric cut.

 total completed flowers

Cat is extremely interested every time I take photos or perhaps want to be centre of attention (you can spot the paws above).  This leads to cat 'fun'.......

Balancing act

Being a useful prop

Makes me smile at least!

Total counts are now: 6 hexagon flowers
Basted hexies: ~ 10ish

I've been thinking about finishing it (planning ahead), and am thinking that a dark blue solid around the flowers and as a border so the reds really pop out.  I'm also looking at sewing machines.  Buying one is a few months off as I save up but I'm looking online for ideas and suggestions.  Anyone got any advice for a beginner sewing machine that can cope with quilting?  I just want sturdy and I doubt I will need fancy stuff even in the future.  Any advice would be appreciated or recommendations.  I think John Lewis will be visited so I can see them in action and then friends ones as well.

As always on a Monday, linking up with http://lifeunderquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/monday-morning-star-count-20146.html

Ax

8 comments:

  1. Love all the hot pinks. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely collection of bundles! And love the brightness of the hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue really would make the flowers pop. What a sweet BF you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colors... A BF that buys you fabric is a keeper in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blues will be a good contrast to your pretty pinks. I love that tie dye blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - fabric is better than chocolate or flowers. You have some nice new ones to work with. Great progress this week. I hope your little furry model will continue to help out with your blog photos.

    ReplyDelete