Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Monday Morning Star Count

Technically a day late but I did the count and photo yesterday!

This week my totals are:

hexagon flowers: 4
basted hexagons: 20.

hexagon flowers (also realising how old my carpet is!)

This week I have made startling discoveries in the world of quilting:
  1. It's very easy to incorporate your fingers into a hexagon
  2. Duvets make excellent pincushions as long as you remember where you stuck needle/pin
  3. sewing in bed - good!
  4. sewing at lunchtime at work - good!
  5. sewing when tired - not good (sewed fingers)
  6. addiction to looking at fabrics when stuck at science - rising!
  7. cats wearing hexagon flowers as hats/decoration - funny and deserves a photo next week :)
Steady progress I think and a lot of fun

Ax

8 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabrics! Can't wait to see the cat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely! Yay for stitching therapy to relieve scientific minds. Much as I love stitching too, my thumbs now have the strangest streaks on them: repeated squeals and misplaced needles leaving strange blood tatoos. Ouch! Keep going (minus the squealing?) JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to figure out how to sew in bed. I'm too worried about lost needles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah...love your lessons learned! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your scrappiness and happy colors. Please do post cat pics next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a script for a quilter stand-up routine. Whoever said hexies aren't funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. will try and bribe cat into photos this evening....
    Ax

    ReplyDelete