We ran through mud, rivers, water, up 2 massive hills (1 just scree), went over and under a few obstacles and apart from one broken shoelace before we started there appears to be no major injuries (apart from dignity). I'm glad to say that the trainers worked well and were comfy even when full of water so I have no blisters today and I also went and got a running jacket which proved to be useful for the chocolate pocket. Also meant that I shone like the sun!
the final verdict is that I want to try again next year but will do more training on hillsides and through forestry. I know not to eat 2 banana bread nakd bars before running (stitch and banana burps for half the run), I would prob take some sugar sweets though. The headtorch was fine and my clothing was fine but maybe swap to leggings that are tight all way down and not with a slight bagginess at bottom (calf length so no biggie). gloves were handy for obstacles but due to mild weather I didn't run with them. Spare clothes in car was an excellent idea and I would also take a hot water bottle!
To be perfectly honest, today I feel like I ROCK!!!!
![]() |
| hoodie, tshirt and finishing medal |

No comments:
Post a Comment