Monday, 10 March 2014

Monday morning star count

Woohoo!! I have new central heating in and the house is toasty.  I also took a few days off work to dog sit for someone and managed to get a little sewing done. 

Sewing wise - I decided the time had come to start piecing it all together and now I have this.....



It's a start and I am so happy with it.  It looks like real progress has been made.  While dogsitting I also managed to baste 15 hexies (some of which are above) and make 2 extra flowers.  I can't remember what my total counts are now but I'm going to keep adding them together so I can get some idea of size and shape (square or rectangle?). 

My few days off work also cleared my head so I'm raring to go.

Other good things are:

  • trail running trainers fit ok on treadmill and have to be tried out in the open
  • booked into a wee conference in a few weeks
  • been asked to do a short (10 min) presentation to undergrads on how I got where I am as a post-doc (good question as I'm not sure)
As always on a Monday, linking up with Jessica at Life Under Quilts: http://lifeunderquilts.blogspot.co.uk/

Big smiles this week

Ax

5 comments:

  1. I really like the blue fabric between your flowers. Keep going~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting! Love to see this growing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress! I love watching it come together and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress - the blues are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue path, too. It will really set your quilt apart when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete