Well when I asked 2014 to bring it on, it really did. One corneal abrasion starting to ulcerate was how I started 2014. Luckily it was caught before permanent damage was done but for a few days I felt like I was being stabbed through the eyeball. It will take a couple of months to fully heal and I'm a bit blurry but hopefully that will pass soon. It has meant that my start to 2014 has been delayed slightly but I'll make that up.
In the meantime, I have been trying to make a quilt design. I've booked a morning learning how to do English paper piece quilting. I think in the class we will do a basic hexagon pattern but that's not enough for me! Armed with my new book 'quilting in the go', some colour pens and graph paper I have been trying to design. Strangely, I really enjoy the research behind it and it suits my science nature. After all, I need to work out sizes, numbers etc. Colors I'm not so good with but discovered fabric bundles where someone else with a better sense of color has picked out several designs in a bundle that go. I found mine and naturally it has lines on it that will need matched up. However, I can do this and any mistakes I can learn from. I just need to learn to sew now......
Sewing class is next sat, then pay day I will order some bits and pieces and get started. Can't wait!
Ax
No comments:
Post a Comment