I have an admission to make......
I'm a planner!
I like to think I am spontaneous but in reality I like planning things ahead, making lists, organizing stuff, researching stuff, making more lists.... I love using diaries and have always used a Filofax, I'm not so good at using electronic diaries but I do for work. I have a calendar in the kitchen and I fill it in with everything I can think of.
This year, I've realized its more important than ever. Boyfriend (Bf) is in the last year of a PhD, soon the final slog starts which means he'll be ultra busy and after summer it may mean he has to move depending on the job front. To make the most of things we've already booked our summer holiday and some treat days. This means we'll make the most of our free time together but even then he'll have a few days working away on holiday.
We also have to go to a conference in may in Italy! This is actually work and will be stressful if presenting anything. However, we are thinking of taking a couple of days beforehand to try and relax (bf will still be working for couple of hours a day).
Essentially I can plan 2 holidays so have started my folders of things to see, things to do, how to get there, what to take. But its making me think, what happens if he moves away - will we have to plan all our time together out? Will we lose our normal life? But more importantly, having gone through a PhD write up myself - can I cope with bf going through all the stress, tiredness and emotion that goes along with it. Will I be a good enough girlfriend to cope?
Ax
Good luck with it! The nice thing is you've been-there-done-that and you will be a good support for him, I'm sure!
ReplyDelete