My new year's resolution was to find something I could do to relax but was still sort of useful. As a wee girl, I remembered doing quilting with hexagons and a plan formed. Saturday saw me at a little class on basic patchwork.
The eyes weren't perfect so my stitching was a little rubbish and I was holding stuff right up to my face but I learnt enough to get going and be inspired.
I learnt how to make little hexagons, baste, and sew a hexagon flower together all over a cup of coffee and a biscuit. I have a grand project planned but to start off and to practice I am going to make a blankie for a friends baby. It is going to be in reds and blues and I have no idea of size yet. I'm just going to see how it goes.
So far I have made one hexagon flower and basted 7 loose hexagons as below. I'm using 1.25 inch hexagons and a random selection of fabrics and I'm sure there will be a few mistakes but it was so nice to achieve something.
This is also the first time I have tried to add photos to a post and I'm not sure nexus is letting me or it could be blogger that is the issue. I'm also going to try and join the Monday morning star count based at lifeunderquilts......
Your first flower looks great! I wonder how many more you'll do before next week..
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up!
looks great for a first go!
ReplyDeleteI like the bright colors and I see one fabric that I have in my hexie project - the blue with the fish! I had some scraps of that fabric left over from a fish wall hanging quilt.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks great, and your fabric choices are so happy-making! Yay for you!
ReplyDeleteWow! You are off and running with these wonderful fabrics. "Baby" will love them, too!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Your first flower looks great and I love the fabric combinations!
ReplyDelete