Monday, 7 July 2014

monday morning star count 7th July 2014

This weeks progress was sponsored by a rather nice sauvignon blanc and House of Cards.

I spent the weekend dogsitting and as a result basted a whopping 75 hexies....


When I was at a more capable stage of sewing i.e. before half a glass of wine was drunk (as I am a lightweight), I pieced more of the quilt.....


This has been a good week.

I've also just done a little shopping for some more fabrics and wadding.  I've decided to branch out and try a non-pieced quilt.  I'm starting slowly and making the cat something to lie on so I can practice techniques, he won't mind if things are squint, mismatched or lumpy (actually he is fussy so lumps may put him off).  I'll be hopefully updating on that in a few weeks as I read more and get stuff organised i.e. where exactly is my iron and does it still work?

As always, linking up with Jessica at life under quilts: http://lifeunderquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/monday-morning-star-count_7.html


Happy sewing!

Axx

3 comments:

  1. lol enjoyed this humorous post! that's an awful lot of progress for one week.. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun post! Great progress on both the quilt and the basting! I finally started stitching my sections together and the more I stitched the more I wanted to keep on moving! Can't wait to see your progress post next week.

    ReplyDelete