It's been a while for various reasons. Yesterday I made time and started on my EPP again. I basted 3 hexies and then decided to join everything up.
I laid it out and lined it up (looking back, this should have been done on a table and not using the sofa and the cat).
I then spent a couple of hours sewing it all together and here we g (a bit blurry and with cat still sleeping).
It's not as big as I thought but it's nice to see it all coming together and I have got my sewing mojo back. I can see where I need to fill bits in and where the next sections will add on.
Now that I am feeling more enthused I will also keep the blog more updated. Over the past few months I have been on holiday and picked up some Harris Tweed scraps, formulated a career plan (hence why I have been missing), got my exercise mojo back (along with some bruises) and am saving for a sewing machine.
Yay!!!
Happy sewing everyone
As always linking up with life under quilts
Axx


That looks so good. I love the fabrics, and the blue really ties it together! I will look forward to seeing how this develops.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! So glad you have your sewing mojo back...sometimes it is good to take a break from things...I love the blue you are using for your path,so vibrant and it brings a nice pop to those flowers...great job!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you are back in the swing of things and I agree with Wendy, sometimes a break is exactly what is needed! It is beautiful and I love the fabrics and your work. Great progress!
ReplyDeleteOh, and thank you for your comment on my blog - could not thank you by email as I think you have your settings on "no reply".
ReplyDeleteAhh - I did not realise that and will try to see if I can change it somehow! Looking forward to seeing all your pieces together and what else will appear :)
DeleteYour blue background sings!
ReplyDeleteYes, the contrast between the flowers and the blue is quite stunning. Keep it up! It is definitely fun to put big pieces together once you've done all the hard work.
ReplyDelete