This week's progress has been sponsored by Spooks and cherry liqueur chocolates (yummy)
Progress is steady. 2 flowers and 16 hexies.
I've been a little distracted by another project and this week have been learning the art of rotary cutting, measuring and quilting. I have all fingers intact, I can't count and apparently like to add a random inch on to measurements and quilting is not natural for me but I'm trying. I will find the best needle/wadding combination.
All will be revealed soon on the next project but it's not EPP :(
I also have a quick question - has anyone used tweed? I think it is probably too thick for EPP but has anyone tried using it in scrappy quilts? I have an assortment of Harris tweed bits that I picked up while on holiday and would like to do something with them that is not just sewing them onto something else. I'm thinking a memory quilt perhaps. any advice is welcome....
As always, linking up with Jessica at http://lifeunderquilts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/monday-morning-star-count-201429.html
Axx

I haven't used tweed but I am incorporating one epp star into my quilt that is of a heavier canvas duck material... a bit nervous about it but it's a bit of military uniform. nice progress btw!
ReplyDeleteI love the colors of your flowers, so cute! I have not used tweed, maybe for crazy quilting I would use tweed.
ReplyDeleteHooray for rotary cutters! I can't imagine how it was all done with scissors..... nice flowers, too!
ReplyDeleteHi, You left a comment a few days ago on my blog bluepatchquilter. Unfortunately you are coming up as a no reply blogger so this link might be useful for you - http://anyonecandecorate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/are-you-no-reply-blogger-how-to-fix.html
ReplyDeleteHappy to reply re. the Harris Tweed thing if you email me again