Wednesday, 26 November 2014

trip to liberty

This week I have achieved no sewing but instead I give you a trip to Liberty (London).

After a few false starts, I found the store and it is amazing. The outside looks old fashioned and there are several floors

I tried to be patient but I failed and ran up to the 3rd floor.  I walked around several times. There was an area devoted to liberty flowers - everything from blouses to chocolates and teabags all adorned with the famous design.  A small area of wools and threads.

Through another archway and you enter haberdashery. A wall of fabric, little odds and ends made of fabric, cutting stations, lots of people drooling.

I had 2 missions. The first was to buy a meter of plain white tana lawn. This is for a future project; I discovered its quite difficult to buy plain tana lawn online although I can source all the patterned fabric at the same price as in store and in smaller quantities.  The second was to buy secret Santa gift for a friend (I pulled some strings to get her as I know she likes liberty and I knew I would be in London).  Was I successful?

First some pics of the interior


Central atrium had a ship theme going on




Atrium

Just to prove it is tana lawn!

Different colourways

White tana lawn was bought!

The secret Santa was bought - a needle book and matching mouse pincushion
Needlebook containing needles, pins,scissors and safety pins

Too cute
 I also bought myself a needle book and ended up with a liberty loyalty card which meant I got 10% off - if I had realized that beforehand I may have bought more.

I then restrained myself and explored the Christmas shop
Amazing colors but peacock feathers are bad luck in the house so refrained

Christmas shop ceiling
I wasn't sure how many photos I could take but they had color coordinated areas full of Xmas ornaments. I could have bought a kitchen of crockery and started an art gallery if I had won the lottery beforehand.

Finally I left and looked in the windows.

Then I trundled off.
Its well worth a visit just to feel and see all the fabrics. The shop assistants were helping customers find co- ordinating prints/colors. Having seen some fabrics in person, I know what I want in the future and what isn't to my taste.
Now I'm tucked up in bed in preparation for a 2 day course. London is tiring as I may also have visited Victoria's secret (bought a few essentials), muji (bought a few carry bags for potential EPP use), m&m world (yummy) and waterstones to look for quilting and aerial  books.

Think that's me for the night
Axx








No comments:

Post a Comment