Monday, 14 April 2014

Cambridge

So I had to go to Cambridge for a couple of days.  I got up at 4am and after a short flight was down there by 10amish on a gorgeous day.  Although not staying in an old college, we still had a courtyard that the rooms overlooked



The conference was OK, small with a fair bit of discussion.  I had no free time due to BF being asked to speak at last min so he was working on his presentation while I caught up on sleep.  We did venture out for food and passed a lovely little shop with a pretty dress in window. Green and with a print of trapeze artists all over.

Next day, BF gave a stunning talk and after 9 hours of talks it was time for the conference dinner in the old college hall.  I couldn't really take photos but think of Harry potter and a candlelit  hall.  Here are some I sneaked



It was a lovely night with good food and wine.  A few talks the next day then it was home via the dress shop where BF treated me to the dress! I tried it on and while changing he bought it!  Pic below of dress - l love it


Anyway, off to catch next flight now

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment